Tri-Sum Potato Chips

History


The Tri-Sum Potato Chip Company shows off their new name, selected via a customer contest. When the company was established in 1908 as the Leominster Potato Chip Company, their 8 mile route was covered by a horse-drawn cart. In this 1933 photograph, founder JP Duchesneau stands in the center with son Ernest; the picture was taken at their original Eighth Street location. Tri-Sum also operated on Mechanic Street, where they offered baked beans. In 1940, they moved to their current location on Carter Street. (Courtesy Pauline Duchesneau)

History of the Potato Chip